Trane announced the CITY Advantage, its new compact scroll water-cooled chillers and water source heat pumps with low global warming potential (GWP) R-454B refrigerant. The CITY Advantage models expand the Trane CITY portfolio of compact products designed to provide all year-round cooling and/or heating with a reduced footprint to fit small commercial buildings, industrial facilities and processes.
The Trane CITY Advantage water to water heat pump units offer the highest seasonal efficiency values and address the environmental and sustainability efforts in urban areas offering an efficient alternative for gas or oil fuelled boilers and compatibility with geothermal applications. Thanks to the R-454B refrigerant – the lowest GWP refrigerant for scroll technology on water cooled scroll units – the Trane CITY Advantage offers market leading operating maps with leaving water temperatures of up to 65°C.
The new CITY Advantage models with R-454B are substantially more efficient when compared to equivalent R-410A technologies, offering:
- Even 11% better Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) in cooling mode
- Up to 5% better Seasonal Coefficient of Performance (SCOP) in pure heating mode
Available in capacities of up to 700kW from a single unit, the CITY Advantage’s compact, modular design comes with new generation of Trane controls technology – Tracer Symbio 800 controller – featuring advanced algorithms ensuring smooth, reliable operation with the low cost of ownership. Other key features of the Trane CITY Advantage range include:
- Wide operating maps allows for more hospitals, office buildings, larger apartment buildings, warehouses and industrial applications across Europe to benefit from the CITY Advantage capabilities and move away from fossil-fuel based heating systems:
Chilled water temperatures between -7°C and +25°C
Hot water temperatures up to +65°C
- Optimized for connection to HVAC systems based on air handling units, under floor heating, radiators or chilled beams.
- Compact and smart design allowing for moving the unit through doors and into service elevators and positioning it with a long side adjacent to the wall, while ensuring full access to major components.
Trane offers the low global warming potential (GWP) R-454B refrigerant across its entire portfolio of scroll compressor chillers, heat pumps, multi-pipe units and rooftops. The R-454B refrigerant, a non-ozone depleting HFO/HFC blend, has a GWP level of 467, the lowest among the refrigerants available today for scroll compressor technology. R-454B offers 76% reduction in direct GWP impact against R-410A and 34% reduction against R-32 refrigerant. This answers customers’ need for a sustainable, highly efficient refrigerant option that future proofs their investment and mitigates the increasing tax rates put on refrigerants across Europe.
Please share the news