2018 Purdue Conferences
The event provides an opportunity for practitioners and researchers in industry, government, consulting offices, laboratories and universities to reach a large audience, to exchange current engineering information, problems and solutions on the important issues of compressor technology, new refrigerants and refrigeration technology and efficiency, as well as on high performance building technology.
There are three parallel conferences:
- The International Compressor Engineering Conference
- The International Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Conference
- The International High Performance Buildings Conference
- Take place every two years
- World-renowned authors and speakers presenting cutting-edge research since 1972
- Organized by faculty from the Ray W. Herrick Laboratories, Purdue University
- Partnered with many sponsoring and cooperating organizations from around the world
- Attract individuals from around the world in industry, academia and government agencies.
- Focus primarily on research and advanced development of components and systems and are co-sponsored by the Ray W. Herrick Laboratories, ACCA, AHRI, ASHRAE, IIR, the USNCR/IIR and the USGBC.
- Proceedings for all three conferences are provided.
- Opening-night Reception, Conference Luncheon, and a casual BBQ dinner are included in the registration-fee.
- Excellent opportunity for practitioners and researchers in industry, government, consulting offices, laboratories and universities to reach an audience of 500-600 participants from over 30 countries.
- Ideal location for presenting compressor, refrigeration/AC and high performance building systems research results and state-of-the art technology.
- Discuss challenges and potential solutions on important issues of compressor technology, new refrigerants and refrigeration technology and efficiency, as well as energy-efficient building technologies.
- Invited keynote speakers addressing current, world-wide issues of interest facing society today.
- Panel discussions highlighting the latest breakthroughs in technology, alternative technologies in research and industry.
- Opportunity to network with attendees and officers from industry organizations.
To learn more about the 2018 Conferences, preview Preliminary Program.
About the Conferences
In 1972, a group of Purdue University professors saw the need for a research conference on compressors and started the International Compressor Engineering Conference. In 1986, the refrigeration conference was added, and in 2002 research on air conditioning became part of this conference. 2010 brought another addition to these research conferences with the High Performance Buildings Conference. Recent environmental concerns have emphasized this new area where Purdue feels it can serve as a venue for cutting-edge research presentations.