Trane Technologies released its 2020 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report, Bold Action for a Sustainable Future, which highlights the company’s major sustainability achievements and contributions towards its ambitious science-based emission-reduction targets. The company significantly reduced carbon emissions fr om its customers’ carbon footprints, aided pandemic recovery efforts through its expertise in indoor environmental quality and cold chain solutions, and advanced industry-leading diversity & inclusion efforts.
“2020 was an extraordinary year during which we launched our new company, built resilience through a global pandemic, and met or exceeded our sustainability goals. It’s by challenging the status quo and taking decisive action now that we will create a sustainable future where communities thrive, where equality is foundational, and wh ere the environment is protected for future generations", said Mike Lamach, chairperson and CEO for Trane Technologies.
“Highlights from the Bold Action for a Sustainable Future report" include:
- Progress toward the Gigaton Challenge - Reduced 7.7 million metric tons of carbon emissions from customers’ carbon footprint, equivalent to the annual output of 1,662 wind turbines
- Progress toward achieving carbon neutrality – Reduced 54,681 metric tons of carbon emissions from the company’s operations; met 39% of energy demand with renewables
- Energy-efficient and low-emission product innovation - Launched more than 50 new sustainable solutions through strategic brands Trane and Thermo King, including technology in transport refrigeration, HVAC climate control and digital connected equipment for buildings
- Continued work toward gender parity – Board of Directors includes 5 women directors out of 13; company has 21.7 percent of women in leadership roles, more than twice the average for S&P 1500 companies
- Launching of the Center for Healthy and Efficient Spaces to bring together a team of experts to accelerate innovation and advocacy on indoor environments and air quality
- COVID-19 Pandemic Response and Employee and Customer Support.