ASHRAE recognized the outstanding achievements and contributions of members to furthering energy efficiency in the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration industry during the 2019 Winter Conference. A list of the awards and their recipients are below.
Fellow ASHRAE is a membership grade that recognizes members who have attained distinction and made substantial contributions in HVAC&R such as education, research, engineering design and consultation, publications and mentoring. The Society elevated 17 members to the grade of Fellow
- Fred S. Bauman, P.E., Life Member, project scientist, Center for the Built Environment, University of California, Berkeley, Calif.
- Alexander S. Butkus, P.E., Life Member, retired president and senior principal, Grumman/Butkus Associates, Evanston, Ill.
- Charles Eley, P.E., BEMP, architect/engineer, Eley Consulting, San Francisco, Calif.
- Kenneth M. Elovitz, P.E., engineer, Energy Economics, Foxboro, Mass., and, adjunct teaching professor, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, Mass.
- Paul W. Francisco, senior research engineer, Indoor Climate Research & Training Group, Applied Research Institute, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Champaign, Ill.
- Hwataik Han, Ph.D., P.E., professor, Kookmin University, Seoul, South Korea
- Yunho Hwang, research professor, University of Maryland, College Park, Md.
- Arthur A. Irwin, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- James Kamm, Ph.D., P.E., Life Member ASHRAE, professor, University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio.
- Kathleen Owen, owner and air pollution control engineer, Owen Air Filtration Consulting LLC, Cary, N.C.
- Gary Phetteplace, Ph.D., P.E., Life Member, president, GWA Research LLC, Lyme, N.H.
- Elbert (Bert) Phillips, P.Eng., Life Member, president, UNIES Ltd., Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- Michael A. Pouchak, P.E., systems architect, Honeywell, Golden Valley, Minn.
- Dharam V. Punwani, president, Avalon Consulting, Inc., Naperville, Ill.
- M. Ginger Scoggins, P.E., president, Engineered Designs, Inc., Cary, N.C.
- James R. Tauby, P.E., chief executive engineer, Mason Industries Inc., Hauppauge, N.Y.
- Philip C.H. YU, Ph.D., C.Eng., environmental and applications engineering director, Trane Pacific, Hong Kong.
Please share the news