Trane announced it is expanding its Sintesis Balance CMAF portfolio of multi-pipe units for simultaneous cooling and heating. The new models are now available with R-454B refrigerant in capacities ranging from 150 to 1,400 kilowatts (kW). The units deliver better cooling and heating efficiencies, improved operating maps and lower environmental impact compared to equivalent models with R-410A.
Trane Sintesis Balance CMAF multi-pipe units offer building owners of multifunctional facilities like office buildings, hospitals, theatres and hotels reduced investment costs, better use of floor space and lower total operating expenses while significantly improving the sustainability of their operations. Using renewable and recovered energy to produce hot water, the Trane Sintesis Balance CMAF can replace the existing fossil-fuel boiler and chiller system to deliver both chilled and hot water for the entire building with no direct greenhouse gas emissions.
Trane offers the low global warming potential (GWP) R-454B refrigerant across its entire portfolio of scroll compressor chillers, heat pumps, multi-pipe units and rooftops. The R-454B refrigerant, a non-ozone depleting HFO/HFC blend, has a GWP level of 467, the lowest among the refrigerants available today for scroll compressor technology. R-454B offers 76% reduction in direct GWP impact against R-410A and 34% reduction against R-32 refrigerant. This answers customers’ need for a sustainable, highly efficient refrigerant option that future proofs their investment and mitigates the increasing tax rates put on refrigerants across Europe.
The new Sintesis Balance CMAF models with R-454B are substantially more efficient when compared to R-410A models, offering:
- 3.5% better Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) in cooling mode
- 4.5% better Total Efficiency Ratio (TER) in simultaneous cooling and heating mode
- 3% better Coefficient of Performance (COP) in pure heating mode
The capacity range increased up to 1,400 kW and answers the needs of larger new and existing building owners wanting to eliminate separate boiler and chiller systems to fulfil their facilities’ cooling requirements in the summer, heating in the winter or both throughout the year.
The 3°C wider heating operating map allows more buildings, even in colder regions in Europe, to move away from fossil-fuel based heating systems and benefit from the Sintesis Balance CMAF delivering:
- Up to 48°C hot water at ambient air temperatures as low as -18°C
- Up to 55°C hot water at ambient air temperatures as low as -10°C
- Up to 68°C of hot (sanitary) water when ambient air temperature is above +7°C
Additional key features of the Trane Sintesis Balance CMAF systems include:
- Trane Adaptive Refrigerant System, a proprietary technology, which automatically optimizes refrigerant charge and sub-cooling in each operating mode and varying temperature conditions, delivering additional performance and efficiency gains.
- The fully electric driven CMAF multi-pipe unit doesn’t generate any direct greenhouse gas emissions and offers up to 350 percent higher efficiency (in heat pump mode) compared to most gas boilers when delivering hot water for comfort heating systems.
- Configurability with three acoustic packages and efficiency levels to meet different buildings’ application requirements.
- New generation of Trane controls technology – Tracer Symbio 800 controller - featuring advanced algorithms ensuring smooth, reliable operation with the low cost of ownership. In addition, it also offers six arbitration choices to optimize performances in each application.