AIRAH’s Refrigeration 2018 Conference – will be held in Sydney next March. The two-day conference will take place over March 26–27. The AIRAH Refrigeration 2018 Conference will build on the base of the Refrigeration 2017 Conference held in Melbourne. Over 140 delegates attended the 2017 conference, and AIRAH is looking at expanding on the topics and discussion that were held in Melbourne.
“We’re always conscious of the “R” in AIRAH,” says AIRAH CEO Tony Gleeson, M.AIRAH. “Since 1920 when the Institute was first established, the issues surrounding refrigeration have been of critical importance to the organisation. And this remains the case today. The Refrigeration 2018 Conference will see discussion of the most important issues facing the industry: everything from the HFC phase-down and low-GWP synthetic refrigerants, to energy-performance benchmarking and heat pumps. “I strongly encourage anyone with a story to tell to contribute to Refrigeration 2018 and be part of the bigger narrative.” The conference committee is now calling for abstracts on an array of subjects, including but not limited to:
- The Australian and international HFC phase-down
- Future thinking – the path towards carbon neutrality by 2050
- Low-GWP synthetic refrigerants
- Energy efficiency and sustainability
- Energy efficiency of low-GWP synthetic refrigerants
- Energy-performance benchmarking
- Transcritical CO2 systems and the Australian climate
- Refrigerant inventory reduction
- Legislation/standards/licencing/training – developments in Australia and internationally
- Environmental impacts of synthetic, low-GWP refrigerants
- Risk management associated with the use of flammable refrigerants
- Project case studies
- Re-use and recycling of refrigerants – environmental benefits/the importance of meeting standards
- Heat pumps.
The conference organisers are also looking for site visit locations for the conference. When submitting an abstract, speakers are agreeing to submit a technical paper and PowerPoint presentation should their application to present be successful. The conference committee has the final say on accepted presentations. All submissions must include a 300-word abstract, a 100-word condensed abstract,
Read more and registration
- Final abstract submissions close – September 22, 2017
- Notification of abstract acceptance – October 9, 2017
- Program released – November 24, 2017
- Speaker Paper submission – December 15, 2017
- Speaker PowerPoint submission – February 28, 2018
- Refrigeration 2018 Conference – March 26–27, 2018.