International Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) specialist Indigo Software announced the launch of QuickStart for Cold Chain. Indigo Software’s new rapid ROI WMS Program, is designed to allow businesses in the cold chain sector to very quickly transform their warehouse operations, solve immediate challenges and deliver a rapid return on investment.
Indigo Software's solution helps cold chain warehouse operations in four key ways:
- Improving cold store safety for chilled/frozen foods and reducing wastage. Indigo QuickStart has the ability to automate FIFO, LIFO, FEFO, batching and other customer specific management requirements. Indigo QuickStart can also manage cross contamination and blast freezer dwell time, perform move/hold/release functions, quality control and manage best before/expiration dates including moving products between the chiller/freezer and automatically updating expiry dates.
- In addition to improving stock management, Indigo QuickStart improves product traceability and maintains an audit trail of every stock movement with the associated temperatures.
- Where space is at a premium, for example, in city centre e-fulfilment operations, Indigo QuickStart improves space utilisation by 30%.
- Indigo QuickStart improves ergonomics and the working environment for cold chain based warehouse operatives who can have the ability to work hands free when Indigo is used with voice enabled headsets.
Mike Hill, Chief Sales Officer at Indigo Software says, “The QuickStart Program will allow companies in the cold chain sector to address all the operational challenges they are currently facing in their warehouses, especially when it comes to quality management and maximising space utilisation. Offering all the advantages of a WMS, it will also allow them to seamlessly grow into a full-blown WMS, but without substantial upfront costs as their business needs expand.”
A WMS solution for the 5 top challenges in today’s warehouses
- Indigo Software has designed the QuickStart Program to very quickly address the five most pressing challenges that businesses with warehouse operations are currently facing. These are:
- Identifying a fast, cost-efficient and risk free way to capitalise on the global e-commerce boom;
- Satisfying unpredictable and unprecedented consumer demand whilst keeping warehouse staff safe as businesses emerge from the Covid-19 pandemic;
- Increased need for real-time reporting and processing of inventory origin paperwork due to Brexit;
- Dealing with warehouse staff shortages, retraining new staff and losing valuable logistics operational knowledge due to employee turnover;
- Increased demand for ‘q-commerce’ fulfilment services.
Indigo Software’s QuickStart Program delivers Indigo’s proven and multi-award winning WMS in an innovative, easy to implement and rapid return starter package. It has been designed to transform and optimise all warehouse operations in record time by offering rapid WMS deployment with much faster Return on Investment (ROI). QuickStart provides a scalable, cloud based solution with a simple to manage and low cost 12 month subscription model for up to 10 simultaneous users.
The QuickStart Program is being delivered by Indigo Software’s team of leading industry supply chain experts and includes a free site assessment with resource / operational optimisation consultation and technology review.